Thursday, August 28, 2008

Moving Along

Well, I've hit Minneapolis. It was a five hour drive from Milwaukee but harder than I thought. Somehow it's the trips that seem short on paper, that seem long in actuality. I find this when flying to Australia as well; the leg from NY to LA is more difficult than the leg from LA to Sydney.
Rural wisconsin was beautiful. Lots of rolling hills and farms. And there was a crazy rock formation along the side of the highway. I wish I could have gotten a photo. Has anyone else ever seen these? It was a like a huge, overgrown, totem pole. I looked out for some sign explaining what it was or telling me to exit off the highway to see the archaeological dig but there was nothing.

I'm enjoying Minneapolis. Drew and I walked around the city last night. I didn't get too much of a feel for it, but it has enough grit to make me feel at home. Today, I'm catching up with Kai and seeing an old YES Ambassador. On Saturday, it's on to the Badlands.

No photos for you today but will try to have some next time

Love, Tamara

No comments: