Sunday, August 24, 2008

Milwaukee day 2


Backtracking to Ohio. I'm hoping you can double click on this photo and enlarge it. Farther down the road was a sign, "No walking dogs. Please exercise your dog in the dog exercise area" or something like that. The dog exercise meanwhile had a sign "Dog exercise area. Please keep your dog on leash." I'm not sure walking your dog in a gated area 10 ft by 6ft counts as exercise... The midwest is odd.

In general, driving has been fine. I looked back over my maps and it seems like this last haul from Buffalo to Milwaukee will be my longest. Not bad. I've taken to parking as far away from the buildings in the rest stop area so I can force myself to take at least a small walk... I know, this kind of "exercise" goes into the Tamara and Maggie exercise category (walking around town drinking a slurpie.)

I'm staying with Robin and her husband and kids in Milwaukee. Here's a before of Baby Zoe:

Here is baby Zoe today:





Awfully cute. We spent the day tooling around by the river, the older kids finding tracks through the woods, while Robin and I attempted to push the stroller over roots and through sand. We eventually ditched the stroller and settled down on some rocks, just hanging out. Sydney called it "the best day of her life" and Ben corrected her that the day she was born was the best day of her life. Now we're sitting around watching television. I'm exhausted. Early night for me as tomorrow I have the kids.

I miss you all. Wish you were here travelling with me.

Lots of love,

Tamara

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"That is a stupid dog park!" - Layla

Steph H said...

Ah, I love the world through your eyes. Totally true about the dog "exercise" area! Run back and forth three times... that's about it. Awesome.