Sunday, September 14, 2008

Welcome Back

It’s been a while folks… The past week I’ve been traveling down the west coast with my friend Darcy. Camping every night so internet access was non-existent.

Here’s the play by the play of the past week:


Back to Portland
Last Saturday was Sue and Mark’s wedding. I’ve posted some photos on flickr. The wedding was wonderful- small, only about 60 people, and at a beautiful restaurant that once was the entryway for the Lewis and Clark Exposition back in 18something or other. The only people I really knew at the wedding were Sue and Mark and Tine but everyone made me feel at home and part of the family. People were so excited to meet me and talk to me and hear about what I was doing. It was fantastic. (And of course the wedding was beautiful too, you can see that in the photos probably better than I can explain it.) The weather was perfect and afterwards we all went over to Sue and Mark’s to continue the celebrations. They have a deck with a heating lamp (Mum and Dad, it might be something to look into), and the deck overlooks trees and hills, all the way into Portland. About 50 odd people made it back to Sue and Mark’s and we sat outside all night talking and drinking wine. And that was mostly what we did all weekend. Shmoozed with friends and stayed up late, sitting outside, talking and hanging out. Perfect. Oh, and we went to the Rose Garden, ate yummy sushi, and walking through downtown Portland. All must dos for anyone else visiting the city. By Sunday, my trip was over. It went too quickly. I was off to pick up Darcy in Seattle.

No comments: