Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The Good Life

Greetings from Rose Bay.  As many of you know, I'm house-sitting for the month of December.  Actually, I'm really dog and cat-sitting, and the house and car just gets thrown in as extras.  The place is gorgeous- you walk through a tall small purple fence, nestled between shops, and walk through a little alley to the back and you get to the house.  Perfectly private and still right on a main road.  The dog is Cody and the cats are Pita and Nana.  All well behaved.  Cody is wonderful off leash which makes things easy for me.  It is a good reminder, though, of the work it takes to own a dog.  For the foreseeable future, I will be sticking to cats.  Or to my housemates owning pets (any kind, actually).  

The internet is a bit faster here so I will try to take some photos and post them so you can all get a bit more of a feel for life in Sydney.  

Time is flying by.  I don't do much more than the crossword (quick and cryptic) and the sudoku (i'm hooked thanks to my cousin) and a little bit of work thrown in there, but somehow it's already the middle of December!  In less than two weeks, I head off for vacation with the rest of the Sydney Siders.  I'm going up to Queensland to see my friend Becca and then we're going to Stradbroke Island to have a beach holiday and meet up with my cousins.  That lasts a week before she comes back with me to Sydney for New Years.  By the time she leaves, my house-sitting gig will be over and it'll be the second week of January!  Anyone know of a house share in Sydney?  Preferably starting that second week of Jan?  And in the Paddington/Surry Hills area?  Or the inner west?  No, huh....  Thanks for trying.

It's rainy today, not much like summer.  I'm thinking of going to see a movie or taking some time to explore a nearby neighborhood.  This part of the city is fairly foreign to me.  I seem to get lost every time I walk out the door (I know, that's not unusual for me... but it's at it's height now...).  Last night it took me 20 minutes to do a 5 minute drive to pick up Indian food.  Sigh.  By the time I leave here, I'll finally have gotten it down.

Hope you're all having a good day.  Miss you!

Love, Tamara

1 comment:

Steph H said...

I love that you're living so close to so many family members. It reminded me of how we tried to do some family history that day in Salt Lake. Have you tried to do any more? Maybe now that you're in Australia it will be a little easier? You could try www.familysearch.org to see where a Family History Center is near you. Good luck!